Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome to my writing world!

And so it begins. A blog all about books. More specifically all about my books. Pretty dang cool. I am hoping that having this will help keep me writing and give me a place to release the writer's block when I need to. I am now done editing the first 5 chapters of Kat's book. I am on target to hit my goal one month from today if I can keep it up. At least I think so. I am approaching my writing as positively as I can. I will publish. I am good enough. My stories are unique and worth reading. Maybe if I keep repeating it the doubt that creeps in will go away. It is comforting to know that doubt is normal. I follow Laurell K Hamilton on Facebook and she even posted about doubt recently and her published list is huge and her books always hit the bestseller list. She posted something that I found very comforting.


I write best when racing to find out what happens next. Yet, I've let myself bog down & self-doubt has caught me, as it does most artists if we let it. The only cure is fight through the doubt; once clear of it write like hell. Pick a plot thread as if monsters were nipping at my heels & to hesitate is to be torn to bits. Pick any direction, but make it fast. Driving the metaphorical speed limit never works for me.

Nice to know even the NYT best sellers still have doubts.

10 comments:

North said...

Ta Da!

Glad to see you do this!

Kim said...

Lol! Thanks!

An Ordinary American said...

Likewise, stay at it.

The thing I like about writing fiction is that I HAVE to keep writing just I know how the thing is going to turn out!

Wrote a couple of non-fiction books back in the 90's that were business genre specific. Some of the most laborious, boring crap I ever did.

By the end, all I wanted was to be done. The other advertising exec co-writing with me felt the same.

--AOA

Kim said...

I know. The stories pour through my mind all the time. I have gobs of them in basic idea form. I love it. I did email you AOA. I hope you got it? I can use all the help and support I can get.

Red Woman said...

Good luck! I hope we will get to buy a copy :)

Kim said...

Thank you!!! I hope so too. I told my guy that his SHTF prediction needs to hold off for me to at least publish a couple books first. Be pretty nifty to see my name in print.

Stephen said...

Well done. So much to read, so little time.

Kim said...

I know Stephen. Books are my downfall. I want to read all the time. Or write. Luckily neither activity results in pain so I can indulge, lol!!

An Ordinary American said...

Lila,

My apologies. I did get your e-mail, but didn't look to see if it was a "returnable" address.

I also went to your website after reading your e-mail and browsed around some of your samples.

I've been in and out of the hospital the past few days (kidney stone problems), so my posting and responding has been, and will be kind of erratic.

Regards,

--AOA

Kim said...

Glad you got it! I wasn't sure. All my excerpts are raw and haven't been edited. I also have mad major changes to Kat's book so far.

Lol I sound like a worried student. I think they are good even like they are but not as good as they should be. I am changing that now.

I am sorry you have been ill. I had a stone myself after our oldest was born and it was a very bad time for me. Get better and don't worry about me. Really was just afraid you thought I blew you off and didn't get my email.