Sunday, August 21, 2011

Done with the editing!!!

I have finished editing Kat's book. Final word count put me over 70,000. Very good if I do say so. I actually finished last week but just forgot to post about it, lol. I am very pleased with it. The friends I have reading and helping with my edits seem to like it and have added some amazing feedback which I think added a lot of depth to the story as well as much needed support. When I originally wrote the book I printed hard copies and gave them to multiple family members in the hopes of getting such feedback. I love them and they are wonderful but I really got nothing. No "this needs more here" or "This seems inconsistent". Not a peep really. Was a bit frustrating. Granted they all have pretty busy lives, we all do. I know that. I am not asking for anyone to quit their lives to hold my hand and guide me. I am very capable of doing the heavy lifting. As the writer I view the work very differently as a reader. I also write as it flows into my head so that can lead to inconsistencies even with the plot mams and things I keep. Having others read and help me figure things out  is a huge help to me. I am super grateful for it.

So anyway the book is done. Now to try to figure out a way to blurb it for my submission letters to agents/publishers. I also want a better title than the working title I have had for ages.

Time to figure those out and begin work on Lexi's book. This one is very "Whodunit" and I love that!!

**Oh and the first 10 chapters can be read here

4 comments:

North said...

Good that you are done!

Titles are critical things...

Kim said...

Me too North!!

Yes titles are super important. I want the theme to be escape but Kat's Escape is just not right. It just isn't enough. Humph.

Leontien said...

Ok i am sooo gonna read the first chapters and LET YOU KNOW, hehe...

give me a bit of time (i don't know if you have much) cause i like to read in bed (hardcovers) and i just sit behind the computer after work.

I have no idea how to get a publisher so.... good luck with that! ;-)

Hugs from Indiana
Leontien

Kim said...

Well thank you! I always love when someone reads my stuff. Books are a great escape!

Hugs right back girl!